Issued: 11th September 2016
- We are The Bias Cut Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 09722514. Our registered office is Wilmington House, High Street, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3AU, United Kingdom. The-Bias-Cut.com is a trading name of ours and we own The-Bias- Cut.com website (www.the-bias-cut.com) (the BC Website).
- The following terms and conditions (Your Blog Terms) describe the basis upon which we will post on the BC Website blog posts you submit to us for publication. By submitting blog posts for publication on the BC Website you agree that the Your Blog Terms as they are now and as we may amend them at any time apply to all blog posts you submit to us.
- We may change the Your Blog Terms at any time at our absolute discretion. Any such change will become effective when the amended Your Blog Terms are posted on the BC Website.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to submit a blog post to us.
2. Submitting Posts
1. You may submit blog posts to us for publication at any time. You do so as an independent contractor and agree that you are not an employee, agent or other representative of ours or are in any way under our direction or control. You also agree that you will not hold yourself out as an employee, agent or other representative of ours, or as someone under our direction or control.
2. By submitting a blog post you agree that:
1. you are not entitled to any fee, compensation, benefits or reward for doing so ;
2. we are under no obligation to post to the BC Website any blog post you send us and may refuse to post any blog post without giving you any reason for our decision;
3. if we decide to post your blog post we may do so at a time of our choosing; and
4. we may at our discretion remove any blog post you have submitted and we have posted and we are not obliged to give a reason for doing so.
3. Ownership of rights
1. We are the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights in all material, including all images, published on the BC Website.
2. By submitting a blog post to us you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use your post and any and all its content as we consider appropriate, including but not limited to publishing or distributing it (with a credit to you) on or off line for promotional or marketing purposes.
3. By submitting a blog post to us you represent that:
1. it is your original content and you own all the associated copyright of its content and/or the content is properly licenced to you and you have the express right and permission to licence it to us; and
- All proprietary rights in the BC Website, its name and logos remain ours alone and you may not use our or the BC Website’s trademarks except to refer to us or the BC Website lawfully and in good faith.
- You will retain any and all applicable copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect to any content/material you submit to us for posting on the BC Website to the extent that you have such rights under any applicable law.
4. Content of Posts
1. You will not submit a blog post to us that:
1. Is unlawful, inaccurate or misleading or is detrimental to our interests or the interests of those using the BC website;
2. in our opinion is defamatory, discriminatory, harmful, abusive, malicious, threatening, harassing, bullying, intimidating, obscene, vulgar, hateful, illegal or which is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or which breaches another person’s privacy or contains nudity, graphic or gratuitous violence, or is pornographic or incites violence
3.Your blog posts will not contain embedded videos or hyperlinks to other websites in which you have a commercial or financial interest without our prior written agreement. We do not accept responsibility for the content of any videos embedded in content posted on the BC Website. Nor do we endorse or accept responsibility or liability (directly or indirectly) for the content, terms and conditions, policies, products or services of any website to which there is a hyperlink on the BC Website.
- Mistakes and complaints
- We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, quality, morality or reliability of any content posted on the BC Website , nor do we endorse any of the opinions expressed in a blog post on it. So far as legally possible we are not liable for any content of your blog post or any actions or matters resulting from it.
- You are responsible for any complaints or enquiries about your blog post and will indemnify us against all liabilities and any claims we receive from third parties as a result of your actions or any content or information in your blog post.
- If you become aware of any factual error in your blog post you must notify us immediately at email@example.com and amend or retract it within 24 hours of this notification. If you make substantial corrections to your blog post you must note this at the foot of the post so that readers are aware that an earlier version was incorrect.
- Your identity and other terms
- You agree that when we post a blog post you have submitted we may also post a short biography about you and your affiliates.
- You agree that we may disclose any information about you, including your name , user name, IP location and address) if required by law to do so, and that we are not required to give you notice of our doing so.
- You will not:
- impersonate any individual or company or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an association with an individual or company;
- use or enable another person to use content on the BC Website for your or their own commercial gain;
- download content/material from the BC Website to a database you have created;
- do anything that might impair, disable, overburden or otherwise interfere with the proper working, functionality or appearance of the BC Website; or
- breach the Your Blog Terms or encourage or facilitate another to breach the Your Blog Terms.
- Our Service
- We make no representation that any aspect of the BC Website is appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. If you access the BC Website from a location outside the United Kingdom or submit a post from outside the United Kingdom, you alone are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and any repercussions of non-compliance.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted by the Terms. Nothing in the Your Blog Terms confers any third party beneficiary rights.
- The Your Blog Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in the Your Blog Terms prevents us from complying with the law.
- The Your Blog Terms constitute our entire agreement with you and supercede any previous agreements. Any failure by us to enforce any part of the Your Blog Terms does not constitute a waiver of that part.
- Any waiver of any part of the Your Blog Terms will not be valid unless made in writing and signed by us.
- If any part of the Your Blog Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable, then that part is deemed deleted and the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the Your Blog Terms are not affected.
- We make no representation that any content/material on the BC Website is up to date, accurate and complete and we are not liable for any loss or other result of it not being so.
- We do not exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, nor for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation , nor for any other liability which cannot be limited by law.
- We do not guarantee the continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the BC Website or any part of it. We may interrupt the BC Website with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason and shall not be liable for any interruption of or delay in the BC Website or any part of it or its failure to perform.
- We may at any time change or remove any aspect of the BC Website, including content posted on it, as we see fit at our sole discretion
Where used in the Your Blog Terms the following expressions have the meanings shown opposite them:
Us/we: The Bias Cut Limited
BC Website: The-Bias-Cut.com website at www.the-bias-cut.com
The Your Blog Terms: the terms and conditions, as from time to time amended, which are the basis upon which we will post on the BC Website blog posts you submit to us for publication.
Content: in relation to a blog post means the material in it, including text, videos, audio materials, photos and other images.